Watch your sushi

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love sushi....mmmmm

Perfer my fish cooked !

Guy I was traveling with on a project kept carping about wanting some good Sushi. I always responded that I would eat any Sushi around as long as it was cooked.

We ended up in Princeton, New Jersey one night and he was on cloud nine. Seems the Hilton there had a Sushi bar that was one of his favorites. When the waiter came to take our order he advised Bill that the chain's rules had changed and now all "Sushi" is cooked.

His face fell and mine lit up. I said "Bring me a big ole mess of that there 'Sushi'! Breaded and fried would be good. Shaping it like a catfish would be even better."

Guy I was traveling with on a project kept carping about wanting some good Sushi. I always responded that I would eat any Sushi around as long as it was cooked.

We ended up in Princeton, New Jersey one night and he was on cloud nine. Seems the Hilton there had a Sushi bar that was one of his favorites. When the waiter came to take our order he advised Bill that the chain's rules had changed and now all "Sushi" is cooked.

His face fell and mine lit up. I said "Bring me a big ole mess of that there 'Sushi'! Breaded and fried would be good. Shaping it like a catfish would be even better."
Not all sushi is raw fish, or even fish. Sashimi is generally raw fish. We go for sushi all the time- I get the no-fish at all variety rolls.

It's mostly a vehicle to get soy sauce and wasabi in your mouth, IMO.

I learn something new here every day.

Thanks

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
In my experience people who like their fish raw oftentimes like their steaks well done. I prefer my meats the other way around, fish fried and steaks medium rare at the most.

hate to be a downer but isnt that sashimi and not sushi?...either way i woulnt touch raw sea food that was was frozen then imported...

In my experience people who like their fish raw oftentimes like their steaks well done. I prefer my meats the other way around, fish fried and steaks medium rare at the most.
really? I love not just sashimi but all raw fish, shellfish, anything that comes out of the water. And I always take my steaks, burgers bleeding rare.

Who was the comedian who said, "where I come from we call that, 'bait'!"?. One of those "redneck" guys who never failed to crack me up, lol. I grew up in the land of "rednecks" and their down/home/dirty take on things never failed to crack me up. They were wicked funny and to this day I always "think that way". And, I care not a fig whether or not it's "politically correct"! If it makes me laugh, it's funny. Hail, hail! Mel Brooks!

Thanks for clarifying sushi and sashimi, Adios. A lot of people don't know the difference. (love wasabi and hot mustard).

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
Yeah, you're probably right. But, bottom line? I like the hot stuff, so I'm happy in my ignorance. ;)

I like red meat cooked rare/medium rare.

Reactions: Hills Hoard
don't like wasabi or the green stuff, takes away from the fishy taste.

I like my fish cooked
anything thats hot The hotter the better
my steaks " Blue "
As my old man used to say " I've seen cows hurt worse than that and get better "

Reactions: BrotherBart
As my old man used to say " I've seen cows hurt worse than that and get better "

That right there is funny as heck.

For the record, I like my steak to be cooked just enough to quit twitchin'

7 people died. This is not an outbreak. lol

more people have died from car accients, cigarettes, and crossing the street since i started typing this message.

I hadn't read abut anyone dying from it, but think a bit about how quickly bacteria multiply and are transmitted.The fact that this bacteria has shown up at all in the food supply is cause for concern. The fact that this bacteria has the potential to share its antibiotic resistant gene with the billions of bacteria in one's gut is not trivial.

“Whenever we see last-resort antibiotics, such as carbapenems, stop working for another type of bacteria — we are highly concerned,” Jean Patel, deputy director of the CDC’s Office of Antimicrobial Resistance, said in a statement. “Losing carbapenems could mean we are facing completely untreatable infections.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobbin
really? I love not just sashimi but all raw fish, shellfish, anything that comes out of the water. And I always take my steaks, burgers bleeding rare.

There are people who say that "you can tell how good someone is in bed by what they like to eat".

By the way, I would be more afraid of the ebola virus. 700 cases as of today in Nigeria with 500 dead - and spreading.

If it can flopp around on its own prior to be offered up as food- it gets cooked, and if its from anywhere near chi-com territory it gets tossed out. Not fed to the dogs either. I have more respect for them than that, ex wife, well that's another story, ship all you want to her.
If it burns going in it sure as hell is going to be a problem on the expulsion end and replacing bathroom tile is pricy and time consuming. Not to mention the atmospheric contamination in confined areas or for that matter even downwind in open areas. I rest my case.

If it glows in the dark I step on it, but I'm not opposed to trying new food. Will be heading to a sushi place for my son's birthday on Monday. Korean squid may be out, but local octopus is delish.

Status
Not open for further replies.