Waterford Trinity Advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

creeker

Oct 14, 2008
finger lakes region, Ny
Hey, I've been so far around the block on looking for a stove, it's pathetic. More research I think than I did on buying a house. The bottom line is that I can't afford a new stove, and can't afford to do the installation myself, if you know what I mean. I'm looking at a Waterford Trinity, 6 years old, lightly used. It's really in great shape, seals good, no warps, bends or dings. All parts good. Offered to me at $350. I may offer $250. I know they are not made in the US anymore, and parts may be hard to come by. I did a search and found some online still, but who knows in a couple of years when I need them. It's a beautiful stove that works well now. Saw it cold and burning. I'm thinking that even if I get just a couple of years use out of it, it's a deal, and if I search for another to cannibalize, it would work. Am i crazy?

(P.S. I also just paid $850 for a new blower on my Carrier furnace, damn it all).

Creeker - desperate to burn.

Nice looking, big stove. Although not sold in the US anymore, you can get some parts through some of the online stove shops like Woodmans. If it's in excellent operating condition, I'd go for it.

http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.