Weekly(ish)clean out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailed_nailer

Minister of Fire
Oct 29, 2007
Cape Cod, Ma
About Thursday last week I looked at my stove that has basically been running since October. Only shutdown for cleaning and realised I don't remember the last time I gave it a quick cleanout.

Looking past 1/2 black/grey stained Glass into the ashpan revealed it was full.
Been running MWP's for a month or so and they make a lot of ash.

Decided then to clean it out tomorrow.........

Well here we are 3 cold nights later and I looked again at the ashpan.
Yep still full.

So gave it good clean out.

1/2 hour later and she is running like like a crack head chasing down a dealer with free bags. ;)

Nice to see the flames again. ==c

Just in time for the Rain/Snow coming tonight. :eek:

Just a tip....clean your stoves!!!!

---Nailer---

I let the XXV go for two weeks during the coldest weather without a clean just to see. Ash pan about half full. Probably could go three maybe four weeks on my current pellet but I stick to the once a week schedule. Only takes a few beers and gives me piece of mind.

1/2 hour later and she is running like like a crack head chasing down a dealer with free bags. ;)

Nice to see the flames again. ==c

Just a tip....clean your stoves!!!!

---Nailer---

Too funny Nailer !

Nailer, exactly what do you do when you clean? I have a yet to be installed M55 fs. Manual makes it sound easy; push the rod, dump and scrape the burn pot, dump the ash pan. Thanks!

nailer after you posted this, I got to thinking how long has it been since I have cleaned the stove. Only about 2 weeks or so, but thanks for the reminder. I need to give her a good cleaning, the ash pan in these stoves is small!

Status
Not open for further replies.