weeping willow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
No.
According to Sweep's Firewood chart: only 14.2 MBTU/ cord. Bottom fifth of firewood heat production.
Don't spend too much time on it. Don't go out of your way. Maybe take if you're helping out your neighbor, or curious to see how willow burns.

Holds a lot of water and not a lot of heat.

Better than a poke in the eye if it’s free. I’d bet it dries fast and probably isn’t the worst thing to split. I wouldn’t mess with it if it required any unusual effort.

Dries very fast. Extremely easy to split. Does not burn long. And pops a lot

If one fell down in my yard, I'd cut it up and burn it (this would be a miracle though, since there are no willows in my yard). That being said, I have burned it. Smells a bit like taking a leak on a camp fire. It does split easy and dry fast like others have said, but not many BTUs.

If one fell down in my yard, I'd cut it up and burn it (this would be a miracle though, since there are no willows in my yard). That being said, I have burned it. Smells a bit like taking a leak on a camp fire. It does split easy and dry fast like others have said, but not many BTUs.
haha it does stink doesn't it? I've never burned any in the stove, just the fire pit outside. But free wood is free wood. It's all BTU's even if it's not many. I got some free poplar some years ago and that stuff goes up the chimney pretty quick too but it was good for shoulder season so why not?

Reactions: Prof
Smells a bit like taking a leak on a camp fire.
I never burned any Willow, but I might try the Smokey the Bear routine on the firepit some night, after everyone goes home. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: Prof