Wehrle Co. mystery stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AJPR

Nov 7, 2019
Nebraska
If I may ask, can anyone direct me to a website, book or other to obtain information regarding a Wehrle Co
Stove I inherited? The identifiers;
Wehrle Stove Company No114 Buena

I found an auction house that sold one last month and after speaking to them I was no further ahead. It's Dark Brown enamel resembles a few I've come across but not an exact match. The stove was used in an apartment located in Nebraska. We would love to use this safely and if there is a place for after market parts that info would greatly help. The stove is in great condition with 1 broken door hinge and a broken handle that turns what looks an ash remover?

Attachments

• 20191104_020144_Burst01.jpg
    20191104_020144_Burst01.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
WRONG FORUM

Well, after much good old fashioned detective detective work I believe my post and inquiry are in the wrong forum.

The stove's components point to coal burning only. Shaker grate, the chimney stack placement and the size of it's belly doesn't accommodate wood easily. The smaller pieces of kindling I tried were too large and it was
an awkward small space to put a log.

Back to my search I'm the coal only section.