This thing is absolutely silly - AKA Nick's Sirocco 30 Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Picture the round gasket and magnet sitting on the stovetop with the probe stem going down through them into the stove body as per normal.

As I found out this year, the smell is coming from the top left of the door, so I think it was coincidence that the smell disappeared after putting these in :)

Did you replace the door gasket/ did that fix the smoke smell?
Don't currently have one, waiting on my Ashford 30 to come in.. all the smoke reports about this firebox are a little concerning.

I haven't shut it down yet to do it, and probably won't until the end of the season. The smell is not enough to concern me, so it can wait.

Reactions: drz1050
I should also add that it looks to me like one small section of the door gasket in that area is to blame, but there's no obvious sooting or other identifiable signs of seepage at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.