Weight Loss

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I was 199.2 this morning, hopefully I hit 198 tomorrow morning but even if I don't, the meal tomorrow will taste good.

Happy Thanksgiving

Reactions: Prometeo
Just a touch under 198 this morning, 197.8.

Reactions: Riff
Just watched a video of a college wrestler talking about how he gained 22 lbs over his thanksgiving break! That boy must have eaten everything that moved past him! I bet that was tough to get back off!

Lol

Reactions: thewoodlands
I was still having dessert late last night so my weight gain was 7 pounds, 204.8 this morning. I'll work on losing 2 or 3 pounds before the end of November.

I can say that it was a very good 7 pounds. We'll see if I can stay at or under 208 by the end of December.

My thanksgiving repast (not that great at a local club) was good enough for four pounds. I cranked up my metabolism pre feast which usually means it is just short term gain. It is interesting to note that my stomach must have shrunk as I was feeling uncomfortably full compared to a year ago.

I didn’t eat much last night. I was surprised. This morning I had a slice of Turkey, the rest of the green bean casserole and the rest of the stuffing. I try to get rid of the leftovers before I get sick of them.

I didn’t eat much last night. I was surprised. This morning I had a slice of Turkey, the rest of the green bean casserole and the rest of the stuffing. I try to get rid of the leftovers before I get sick of them.
We freeze what we can and then eat the rest before it goes bad. It's tough not gaining weight, two pies, pumpkin bread, stuffing along with some of the other stuff.

On 4/15/23 when I started the diet I was 227.2. November I started off at 201, I ended November weighing 202.6.

The wife wanted pizza last night so we had an XL at our favorite place, I'm starting December at 204.2. If I can end December weighing 204.2, I'll be happy.

I'm more in a maintain mode, hopefully I can stay with it. 205 will be my weight where I put the brakes on eating certain chit or cheating with the late night crap.

Reactions: mcdougy
With 2 birthdays, anniversary, thanksgiving, and holidays in the past 2 months I have put on 6 pounds. They will need to be shed after the merriment ends.

With 2 birthdays, anniversary, thanksgiving, and holidays in the past 2 months I have put on 6 pounds. They will need to be shed after the merriment ends
It's very easy during the holidays and then throw in two birthdays but still six pounds isn't bad. I made that chocolate roll (almost gone) yesterday I made a chocolate pie under the watchful eye of the wife and today I'll make some cookies. The wife is making meatballs on Friday so on Monday morning if I can stay at 208 or under, that will be win for me.

The scale said 206.4 this morning, I feel more like 210.

The good news is that I know the extra pounds will be pretty easy to shed.

The wife loved the pie I made under her watchful eye yesterday, the cookies she isn't a fan of. The boss made some homemade whip cream and we both had a slice for our supper tonight.

IMG_0932.JPG IMG_0933.JPG

The scales said 207.6 this morning and the wife is making some meatballs that will be ready for this afternoon or for supper.

With all the baking and cooking, my weight went up to 214.6, this morning I was back down to 211.4.

All the cookies are gone along with the leftovers so my first goal will be 205 and then 200. Years back I would come out of the festive season weighing 228.

I still have a meal that I had promised the wife we would have during the holidays but that won't happen until I'm at 205. I'll get back on the wraps with lettuce routine so the weight should come off pretty easy along with some sessions on the treadmill.

I don't even bother weighing myself from Thanksgiving through New Years.

I don't even bother weighing myself from Thanksgiving through New Years.
I never did either but weighing myself helps me keep the weight closer to my goals. I was 209.2 this morning, maybe by January 12, I'll be around 205 and then 200 will be my next stop.

During Christmas we cut back on the meals we usually cook but had more cookies. ;hm

Yesterday I was at 207, 205 is just around the corner and then 200.

I'm in the same boat. I was around 170 a few years ago and extremely active and then I started dating my fiance and the rest is history. 50 pounds later... I'm back on the treadmill 3-5 times a week. This gave me a bit of motivation to really get going again. I found diet is the real shredder for me. You really feel the aches and pains when starting to gain weight, hoping the exercise helps.

I'm in the same boat. I was around 170 a few years ago and extremely active and then I started dating my fiance and the rest is history. 50 pounds later... I'm back on the treadmill 3-5 times a week. This gave me a bit of motivation to really get going again. I found diet is the real shredder for me. You really feel the aches and pains when starting to gain weight, hoping the exercise helps.
I'm glad you're shedding some pounds. I haven't been on the treadmill yet but I'm getting some exercise working outside,

I did over 30 last year, it wasn't easy but keeping track of my calorie intake per day helped along with the treadmill.

Good Luck

I'm glad you're shedding some pounds. I haven't been on the treadmill yet but I'm getting some exercise working outside,

I did over 30 last year, it wasn't easy but keeping track of my calorie intake per day helped along with the treadmill.

Good Luck
Thank you! Definitely inspiring to see progress someone else makes. Big wake up call for me was how I felt over how I looked. Back hurting, legs hurting, everything hurt! Getting active really helps the old pain in the morning. Good luck to you too!

Thank you! Definitely inspiring to see progress someone else makes. Big wake up call for me was how I felt over how I looked. Back hurting, legs hurting, everything hurt! Getting active really helps the old pain in the morning. Good luck to you too!
I didn't hit my 200 goal in my above post, the weight went up to 211 plus but this morning I was back at 207. Hopefully by Saturday morning the scale reads 205 or below.

Once I hit 205 or below, I'll cook that gnocchi dish I promised her.

Reactions: yooperdave
I've been letting the weight slide some (in the wrong direction) so eating chit at night while watching a movie stops tonight. I'm at 212.8 this morning, not real bad but I'll try and lose 2 to 3 pounds by March 3.

Hopefully with the warmer temps coming in, I'll get outside working which will help.

Reactions: djlew
I've been letting the weight slide some (in the wrong direction) so eating chit at night while watching a movie stops tonight. I'm at 212.8 this morning, not real bad but I'll try and lose 2 to 3 pounds by March 3.

Hopefully with the warmer temps coming in, I'll get outside working which will help.
Good luck my friend! I've had some decent success. Down from 220 to hovering 210-215. The weekend beer is the killer. Otherwise my diet has been improving.

Good luck my friend! I've had some decent success. Down from 220 to hovering 210-215. The weekend beer is the killer. Otherwise my diet has been improving.
Nice job @djlew , it can be tough losing weight but when I quit the chit that puts on the pounds, things should be fine. My heaviest weight around this time of year was 234 so I'm doing better than in some past years.