Weird pellet stove issue...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

petrafan007

Jan 16, 2018
Massachusetts
Hi all, newbie here.

I'm having a strange issue with my pellet stove and I can't figure it out for the life of me. My Englander 25 PDVC pellet stove seems to work fine, except when it doesn't. It will randomly stop sending pellets to the burn pot until it stops burning pellets, then start up again and overflow because the new pellets are not getting relit. Then I open the machine to a burnpot overflowing with unburned pellets. Any help would be appreciated. Looking to fix myself instead of hiring someone if possible.

Thanks!!!

Give the stove a good thorough cleaning look up on YouTube, leaf blower trick. Check your vacuum hoses for cracks and splits.

Mine will do this sometimes on low if the lff is set to low. Have also had it happen on low if a bunch of long pellets were jamming things up.

Was it cleaned before the restart?

Tear it apart, front to back and clean everything. Restart and see what she does then.

Bill

Have had the same thing happen with my stoves .The pellet either hang on the side of the hopper some long ones will bridge stopping the pellets from feeding. Sometime the break loose fast enough so that the fire doesn't go out Cure on my stoves is I buffed the inside of the hopper with crocus cloth And on my PVD I adjusted plate in the bottom of the hopper .Still happens some times but not as often .