well! I helped my dad with his first burn today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stanleyjohn

Minister of Fire
Mar 29, 2008
southcentral Ct
Over the late summer my dad got a regency 2400I wood insert installed.Today was finally the day to start her up!.45 deg outside and around 65 in the basement rec room.Wasn't as smooth as i thought!Smoke on lift off!Dad said wood was dry but after a few min of lighting!(top/bottom procedure) water started to drip on the inside!guess wood wasn't as dry as he thought.Lots of smoke at the beginning!but non seemed to be escaping to the exterior.First thought was that installers goofed and there was a blockage to the top of the chimney.A bit of relief after a short while saw some smoke exiting the chimney!guess had to wait for liner and chimney to heat enough to allow smoked to escape.Note! my dad only has a partial liner up the chimney.I have the air control open full and start to get a good flame going.Fan is set to auto but not on at this point!dont really know at what temp is needed for fan to kick in.Maybe it was just a bad piece of wood because fire is burning great now with secondary happening by the tubes.My stove is a downdraft type and what i saw with my dads was really a site.Stupid me forgot to bring over my IR temp gun so not sure how hot stove was burning!but it was giving out plenty of heat!Started out at 66 and a few hours later near 80! Wow! dad said he should of done this years ago and mom really loves the heat.

You are a good son. Now cut split and stack eight or nine cords for them and be a GREAT son. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.