Well issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Interesting. My parents did something similar prior to having a well. 1000 gal water buffalo that would gravity feed to 1500 gal of storage in the house. Jet pump would fill the pressure tank. Worked well but required an entire other building to house the tanks and keep them from freezing. I could envision a bladder under the house if i ever had volume issues but the 7 gal/min is adequate for my needs.

Is there a dc pump capable of 350' pump in a 4" case?

Yup, Grundfoss SQU flex http://www.sunshineworks.com/solar-submersible-well-pumps.htm

Of course you need a power source to drive it. Positive displacement pumps don't have usually have issues with depth, centrifugal ( typically AC) pumps are the ones that have a tough time the deeper it gets.