Well just got a Wood Insert a Earth Stove BV400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadlego

Feb 22, 2015
Delaware
Well I hope I made a decision and just got my self a Earth Stove A 1986 BV400 I want to say the SN is E 1078 Now the main problem is that it is missing the CAT and the holder for the cat.... I cant seem to find out to much on it. Any one here have one of the stove? Please let me know Thanks

I'm not familiar with the BV400 exactly... can you post some pictures and dimensions of where the cat is supposed to go? i recently put an earthstove 1002c in my basement and had no problems finding parts for it. I purchased a Firecat cat off amazon, replaced the door gasket, fabricated a new door lock and gave it a once over. new bricks are next (got a couple that are pieced together). You should be able to find parts for that insert.
i don't want to step on anyone's toes by posting this link but here it goes... http://woodheatstoves.com/retainer-cat-box1003-p-7586.html?cPath=424_745_608
I think that's the right cat holder, double check the dimensions . find the cat model you need and search it on amazon. expect the cat to run around 200$, the holder around 50$.

Status
Not open for further replies.