Went scrounging today...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2013
Goldstake, WA
I live across the highway from a part of the colville national forest. We had some bad storms here a few days ago so i knew there would be some free wood for the taking if i waited a little while for them to clear the roads. Sure enough, was able to get 3 loads of road clears, only got a pic of the last load...

evSduKf.jpg

Arms are fried from lifting these puppies. My saw is currently awaiting a new bar so i had to do feats of strength to get all of this back home :)

Nice looking haul.

Reactions: privatejoker75
Pine? And beech or birch? Nice haul though.

Classic line!

I'm not sure what any of this is to be honest :eek: Most of what I normally get is ponderosa pine, some fir and occasionally quaking aspen. I don't think what I got today is any of that. Higher elevation plays into it i guess...this stuff was all over 4000'.

Glad everyone got the Festivus reference :cool:

Great view from the bed. Nice scrounge!

Nice load
Don't look like you're on a road.
Picnic area ?

Great pic
Looks like elk country.

Nice load
Don't look like you're on a road.
Picnic area ?

Great pic
Looks like elk country.

That pic is after I got back home, that's my yard :)

Haven't seen any elk here yet. We've had a brown bear and cub in this area for the last few weeks though. And apparently one of the only wolf packs in Washington state is here now

Nice view

My farm property is like that. They fly I think F16 and A10 s all the time!! Sometimes pretty low!

Then we put up the stainless steel pole, right??

I'm technically in the Roosevelt airfield or something. We get a mix of F18s and really old A6 fighters that they must use for training. The other day two F18s were mock dogfighting over our house for like 20 minutes.

Oh and here they can be as low as 300'! It's ridiculous, i have yet to get good footage of it but it's enough to give you a heart attack

Status
Not open for further replies.