Went to install Condar flueguard,and it's not a perfect fit...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Graelb

Jan 31, 2017
Oregon
Hey all,

You guys were really helpful with my other thread, so I thought I'd take done of the advice and buy a flue thermometer.

Well... I just received a flueguard that I purchased on Amazon. I drilled the two holes (3/16 inside and 1/4 outside) just fine, but when I went to actually install the thermometer,I find that the eyelet is too long to fit between the two stove walls, so it doesn't sit snug against the outer wall of the pipe, because the other end is butting up against the outside of the inner pipe.

I'm sure I can cut the eyelet down a bit to make it fit, but not sure this is the best approach... I can also drill the inside hole to 1/4inch, but I'm worried that'll let too much gas from inside the inner pipe into the outer pipe.

I have a Selkirk DSP telescoping stove pipe that I'm attaching this to.

I'm testing the stove now to see if it's leaky, I put the eyelet inside the magnet, instead of on the outside like the instructions say. This way the magnet sits right against the pipe. Any danger in this?

Thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I ran into the same thing with the same pipe and drilled 1/4 all the way. The magnet keeps it in place and I have been using this setup for close to 6 weeks with no leaking and no ill effects that I can detect. Your mileage may vary...

I ran into the same thing with the same pipe and drilled 1/4 all the way. The magnet keeps it in place and I have been using this setup for close to 6 weeks with no leaking and no ill effects that I can detect. Your mileage may vary...
Good to hear, thank you!

That's one for bigger holes, can I get a second!?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk