Weso Renaissance 1504 Manual?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

KilgoreTrout

Dec 16, 2019
Ulmer, SC
Hello! Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a manual for a Weso Renaissance 1504? My parents just gave me one that they kept around for decoration, but I'd like to fire her up eventually. Google wasn't of any help, hoping someone here might have a copy to share.

Cheers!

Attachments

• 20191111_124357.jpg
    20191111_124357.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 222
Similar stove for sale near me. Have you used yours?

Unfortunately, I haven't. It's sitting in my living room, waiting to be installed. I've had chimney sweeps comment on it though, and I'm told it's a hefty unit that should put out a lot of heat. Everyone has been a little wary of installing it for me though, given the lack of information out there about the unit. Looks like it'll be this year's DIY project.

The owner says she has the manual. I'm not handy, wary of an unknown. But it's awfully pretty.

If the owner has the manual, then you're probably in good shape. Any installer will need those specs and instructions to properly size and insulate the flue to code. That's where I was having installers shy away from the project - no one could find any good info on the unit.

Personally, I think I was just asking during their busy season, when they didn't really want or need the work.

Still looking?
Does your stove have the UL label on the back listing clearances like this:
s-l1600.jpg

Sure does. I checked my state's code, and I'm pretty sure a 6" flue to the top of my liner with a top plate will do the trick. I live in SC, so winters are pretty mild. Will probably insulate it anyway and just find someone who is willing to help me do the work. My roof has a fairly steep pitch, so I have no interest in getting up there and doing it myself!