Westwood Fibre Products

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty

Minister of Fire
That is how Okies come in the outside wrapper from the new plant in Upton.

I got a ton today out of the first load. All stacked inside and ready to burn. One torn bag in a corner, NO FINES WHATSOEVER NOTHING.

I'm an Okiefenokie pellet Pig

oink :)

Burning later I'll tell you how good they are.

Keep us posted salty! Looks like your the first to get some. Mr. Warm has an answer for the westwood cover question and some other info. I'll just post his comment in a quote for ya'll!

Jay this is correct…..The first few hundred pallets of product coming out of the new bagging plant in Upton, MA have a Westwood Fibre Products pallet cover on them. We had these left over from when we bought the mill and then changed the name to Okanagan Pellet Co. (OPC) There was nothing wrong with the covers, so we decided to use them up in Upton. Needless to say this saves us a couple of bucks until we use them all up and then you will see the regular red/black white pallet cover that most are used to. We also started to use a full 4.0 mil thick bag at the plant, so those of you in MA and CT (which is where most of the new product will end up going) will see this thicker bag as product shows up in the different retailers in the near future. First reports back that the product looks good and as Salty mentioned very little if any fines or dust, plus they are on a 50 bag pallet and not 65's.

I did edit it a bit cause he can babble on like the wind! ;-) Hope it helps?

Just unloaded our first truck of the new Okies from Upton, Ma. Perfect, Perfect perfect. The new 4 mil bags is a good upgrade. No fines.

Here's a picture of the warehouse. Made me drool a little. ;-)

Attachments

• !cid_D81AEDA1-08FF-41F1-9D1B-179BFB556A2A.jpg
    !cid_D81AEDA1-08FF-41F1-9D1B-179BFB556A2A.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 223
oink oink oink.

very impressed. very.

Stove is now on new Okies only and the bottom of the first bag had about 3tablespoons of fines at the bottom

Nice heat so far. Cleaning tonite.

Stove on 3 with straight okies is too hot to touch the top in front of the hopper for more than a second or so. I can get that with a inferno/okie mix on #4, and with just infernos it's #5 and an extra few seconds.

Second bag zero fines. I looked hard I couldn't find any. pun pun.

I do notice a difference in the pellet lengths. Whereas before Okies were always a short pellet with alot of smaller chunks mixed in, these are minimum lengths and there are quite a few longer pellets in there up to 1" or slightly longer. Maybe this is due to non breakage in shipments, maybe it's due to different handling, maybe they changed something at the factory too I dunno but I noticed it so I'm passing it along.

Status
Not open for further replies.