WETT Inspector in Grey County, ON.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rogerius

Jan 15, 2019
Grey County, ON
I'm ready to enclose the chimney and the fireplace with cement boards but I supose before that I need to call a WETT inspection. Could you recommend a WETT inspector in Grey County area, Ontario?
Thank you.

Thanks for the link.

I just did a quick search and 15 professionals come up. Now I'm confused as I never did this. I see some are basic inspector and some are comprehensive inspector. Do you know if any inspector can do a WETT inspection accepted by insurance? The explanation on the WETT site mention just inspection levels 1,2,and 3 but nothing about what inspection level is accepted by insurance. Any idea from somebody who did the WETT inspection for insurance?

I believe, in Ontario all wood stove installers need to be WETT certified. If you did the install yourself , just call any wood stove retailer and they should point you toward one. He will charge you of course.

Reactions: Muskoka Guy
Stu's Stove Shoppe from Amberley. Not sure if you're within his work area, but I do know his business was recently purchased by a company that does travel some distance. Stu doesn't do service calls anymore, but the folks that bought his business do.