ldvorsky Posted By ldvorsky, Apr 14, 2018 at 2:43 PM

1. ldvorsky

ldvorsky
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Apr 14, 2018
    Loc:
    Wallingford
    Timberwolf TW-2HD, four way wedge, log lift, sorting table. Used for personal firewood. Maybe 40 cords split with it. Always used Amsoil synthetic oil in engine. Changed oil every year (6 cords or so/year). Small hydraulic leak near levers in valve bank

I know there are several more manufacturers now. My recollection is that TW are well made

2. gastone21

gastone21
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 12, 2014
    Loc:
    Fredericksburg, VA
    I think that TW with the lift is a $5.5k splitter. Commercial grade. Given the way people value used log splitters, I can't imagine it's depreciated much. Is it yours, or are you in the market?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    VirginiaIron likes this.
  3. ldvorsky

ldvorsky
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Apr 14, 2018
    Loc:
    Wallingford
    It is mine.

4. greg13

greg13
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 5, 2012
    Loc:
    CNY
    As with every thing else, it is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ldvorsky

ldvorsky
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Apr 14, 2018
    Loc:
    Wallingford
    That is the beauty of capitalism! I don’t need to sell it. I don’t use it anymore, just taking up space in my garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. VirginiaIron

VirginiaIron
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 19, 2013
    Loc:
    Central Virginia
    I think you'd be hard pressed to get 5.5k when you could get a comparable 37 ton rugged made for 3200

7. ldvorsky

ldvorsky
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Apr 14, 2018
    Loc:
    Wallingford
    I have never heard of rugged made. I did look just now at there website. Based on the pictures (I do understand the downside of that). They aren’t comparable machines in how they are built. I suspect that a person looking for a TW, will consider a used one. To that end, I’m interested in figuring out a reasonable value. If I can’t get a reasonable amount (whatever that is), I’ll keep it. It is an excellent machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. VirginiaIron

VirginiaIron
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 19, 2013
    Loc:
    Central Virginia
    For 20 tons it is certainly HD. There is added value in the hydraulic tank size and the 4 way option with the HD model. If you and the buyer are happy then that is all that matters.

9. Bad LP

Bad LP
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 28, 2014
    Loc:
    Northern Maine
    Well if it has been stored indoors out of the weather and looks taken care I see no reason to price it more than 1000 below new. TW is good stuff. If it looks abused and all rusty then that starting point is a dream. I'd fix the oil leak before I did anything.

My Super Split has never seen a drop of rain and there is no way I'd discount it more than 750 off new unless I really needed the cash quickly.

10. Jazzberry

Jazzberry
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 17, 2014
    Loc:
    Next to Yosemite
    Wow 5.5k would be 6 maybe 7 Speeco 22 tons. No log lift but then again lifts are not needed with the vertical tilt Speeco.