What brand leaf blower for cleaning chimneys?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JRemington

Minister of Fire
Nov 4, 2017
Belleville New York
I am sick of customers not knowing how dirty their chimneys are so I thought I’d get a leaf blower and fog them out. This might give them a hint to do a little cleaning on their stoves if they see what’s in there. I went to Lowe’s and all the air intakes for the blowers are on the sides and no way to hook a connection to them to attach to the chimney. All I hear is how can my chimney need cleaning after only two ton of pellets? What is the most powerful blower that will work to do the chimneys? I’ll tell them their first chimney cleaning is free if they will stand thirty feet away with their back to me lol.

you need a leaf blower/vacuum not just a strait blower. Usually they come in electric versions only as i have never seen a gas powered one

I use a cheap electric leaf blower, cost about $40. I took the grill off of the side suction and place it over the vent cap. The style of vent cap I have has a flat base that is bigger than the leaf blower suction, so all I have to do is place the leaf blower suction over the vent cap base and turn the leaf blower on.

My garage pellet stove is direct vented, with a smaller vent cap. I made an adapter out of heavy cardboard that bridges the leaf blower suction and has a hole in the middle that I place over the vent pipe, after removing the vent cap.

Reactions: Pete Zahria
I am sick of customers not knowing how dirty their chimneys are so I thought I’d get a leaf blower and fog them out. This might give them a hint to do a little cleaning on their stoves if they see what’s in there. I went to Lowe’s and all the air intakes for the blowers are on the sides and no way to hook a connection to them to attach to the chimney. All I hear is how can my chimney need cleaning after only two ton of pellets? What is the most powerful blower that will work to do the chimneys? I’ll tell them their first chimney cleaning is free if they will stand thirty feet away with their back to me lol.
this came from home depot and is a perfect fit for 4' pipe.. homelite brand i think.

Attachments

• IMG_1993.JPG
    IMG_1993.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 268