What can you tell me about a Morso 3600? Vs the 3610?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

psu927

Dec 31, 2014
PA
Local dealer has a used Morso 3600 stove for sale. ($2400) Was wondering how the stove is? Looking at it to heat our 2200 square foot rancher. (well insulated). How is this stove different from the 3610? Seem to be able to find a fair amount of info on the 3610 but not much on the 3600

The manual I have for the 3610 says it's for the 3600 series on the front page. They may be one in the same.

3610 was Morso's largest US sold stove in the last decade. It's a larger version of the 2110 and about 2 cu ft I think. The asking price is pretty outrageous unless the stove is unused. If it is unused, the dealer is violating the law.

The dealer is skirting the law. Caveat Emptor, especially when they are asking list price.

I'm gonna pass if that is the case. He will sell it though because he is the only show in town and people just buy without thinking.

If this size stove will work then there are alternatives depending on the heating requirement.

If this size stove will work then there are alternatives depending on the heating requirement.
Recommendations? I want a stove that's on the wider side instead of being super deep, just because of not encroaching into the living area so much. I figure I can probably get a brand new epa stove for that price considering the 26% tax credit

Not all stoves qualify for the 26% tax credit due to the arbitrary 75% HHV threshold. There are some that are at 74% that are ignored.

I would go with the Morso. If its a dealer its on him for selling it not you for buying it. Thats a fantastic huge stove, and new? You will be paying over twice that for the same quality/size new 2020. And your insurance should not care either way, but just ask them if your worried. My insurance company just said to make sure its installed to code and take pictures for them. And the stove I installed was 15 years old at the time.