What do you do with fresh cut green wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I cover mine and have a little of everything going on. Built a shed and a mini-shed this spring so I have wood in there. I have stuff covered with Tarps, I have stuff covered with Dollar Store Shower Curtains. I even have a pile covered with the cloth off of a patio umbrella.. I figured the more moisture I keep off of the wood the more moisture that will come out of it. All of the covers are just the top and maybe 6 -12 inches down the sides. If a cover is too big, I fold it. I try the best I can to stack in a sunny/windy area, but at some point you run out of those places and have to stack where you have room.