What do you do with your stove ash?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it outside and dump it in the neighbor's driveway, where they park their car.

Eric

My ashvac holds almost a season's worth of ash but when it does come time to
empty it, the ash goes into the flower garden.

kinsman stoves said:
I take it outside and dump it in the neighbor's driveway, where they park their car.

Eric

ROFL - another case of obnoxious neighbors. You could always wet the ash down and paint a nice wet-ash picture on their driveway... :)

Haven't seen the lawn since before Thanksgiving... But I do need to save some ash to put on the grass right in front of my house to kill the moss. Maybe by March... ;-)

Ash? What ash?

When I used a fireplace insert I had lots more ash compared to now with the pellet stove. I would, in addition to putting it around the base of our lilacs, would scatter on icy spots in our driveway. The sun would hit the ash and it would melt the ice. It also provided traction.

Status
Not open for further replies.