What do you mean it won't fit!? -- Need help attaching liner to stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbeAinPa

Dec 30, 2008
Southeastern Pa
I have a Lopi Declaration that I was hoping to install this weekend but it's not going to happen. I have Forever Flex 6" liner and it won't fit into the opening on my stove, it's just a tiny bit oversized on the OD. The stove manual shows the flex liner conecting directly to the stove. Anyone else encounter a similar problem. Anyone use some kind of dripless female to male conector in a situation like this?

Thanks

AbeAinPa said:
I have a Lopi Declaration that I was hoping to install this weekend but it's not going to happen. I have Forever Flex 6" liner and it won't fit into the opening on my stove, it's just a tiny bit oversized on the OD. The stove manual shows the flex liner conecting directly to the stove. Anyone else encounter a similar problem. Anyone use some kind of dripless female to male conector in a situation like this?

Thanks

You are the second guy I know of next to myself that has done this. Welcome to the club!

You need the adapter that goes between the stove and what ever else. Just ask for the stove adapter and they will, or should, know what you mean.

I think you definitely need an appliance connector like rudy said. Good news is that your stove store may have them. Never heard of sticking the liner in the stove.

Believe me, I tried, it will not go. I even tried tapering the end. I've done this out on the floor, the liner is not even in the chimney yet. If I can't get it in standing directly over the stove, I know I'm not going to be able to get it in after everything is in place. Any suggestions?

Wow, lots of replies while I was typing my last post. Thanks for all the help, I will contact my liner supplier. I based what I purchased according to what the stove instructions called for, it sure would have been nice if they hadn't left out a "little" detail like this. Thanks again.

AbeAinPa said:
Wow, lots of replies while I was typing my last post. Thanks for all the help, I will contact my liner supplier. I based what I purchased according to what the stove instructions called for, it sure would have been nice if they hadn't left out a "little" detail like this. Thanks again.

I did the same. Then we find out the pipe has its own instructions.

You will have it ready for next weeks cold weather though.

Thanks for the link to the image of a stove connector, that helps a lot. My liner supplier sent me a picture of something similar except it had clamps at each end. Do I just get this and cut the clamp off the male end (not sure if that's doable) or should the manufacturer have something with just a clamp at the liner end?

The one with two clamps is a good thing. You just clamp the bottom one around the outside of the flue collar after you insert the male end into the flue collar.

Roger that, but that means there is nothing to secure the second clamp to. I need a fitting with one clamp and the plan would be to secure it to the stove with "L" brackets and screws. Am I on the right track here?

AbeAinPa said:
The Declaration has no collar, the opening is flush to the top of the stove.

In that case get the one with no band on the bottom. :coolgrin:

Thanks for the input, that's what I'll try to do, just wasn't sure such a thing existed since my supplier didn't suggest it himself.

Thanks again!

Whoa! You lost me on that one. A 7-6" adapter? Liner is about 6-3/16" OD, stove ID is just a hair over 6". Where does the 7" come into play?

What you need is called a "flex-to-rigid" adapter...
Heat Fab makes a stainless steel one for about $15...
Model # is 4656ss
It fits over the liner & has 4 pre-drilled holes to use SS Zip Screws in making the secure attachment...
You MAY need 3-4 "L-brackets" to attach the adapter to the stove body...

Yes, I was able to find exactly that and it even has an integral belt clamp so no screws on the liner end. The liner is insulated and ready to go and hopefully the weather will cooperate and the big install can happen next weekend. Thanks again for everyone help!

Abe

Status
Not open for further replies.