What does it take to be a pellet pig???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtakeman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 30, 2008
Northwestern CT.
www.facebook.com
Hey All,

I want to know what I have to do to become a pellet PIG????

I have my own truck to haul my pellets. Burn nothin but pellets(except for some fire wood as backup for power outages-I hauled them too!). And have A big pellet pig of a stove in the basement(bigE). I usually go through about five ton's a year on average. And I want to get one of those new fangled pellet furnaces that I can hook duct work up to, Maybe the farenhiet 50F.

What are the perks of being a pellet pig?? Will I get some discounts on pellts somewhere??(just kiddin)

thanks
jay

P.S. I love pork too! The other white meat!

kinsman stoves said:
Hmmmmm

Macman is slacking. I will research the original post and let you know.

Eric...

<beep beep> Hey, easy there Mr VP of Pellet Pigs....I was busy getting a cold "refreshment" and didn't see the post <beep beep>

macman said:
kinsman stoves said:
Hmmmmm

Macman is slacking. I will research the original post and let you know.

Eric...

<beep beep> Hey, easy there Mr VP of Pellet Pigs....I was busy getting a cold "refreshment" and didn't see the post <beep beep>

excuses. But cold beverages take priority. "Carry on smartly".

Eric

Well, I searched but never saw that thread.

I have three stoves. A bigE and a Quad model 800(my back up) for pellet. And a Glacier bay wood-coal stove(used for power outages).

I order 5 tons in April and start hauling them home around labor day. My wife looks out for them at walmart and tractor supply all year long. We use the cheap(if you could call them that) pellets for spring and fall.

This year was a tough year I could only get 276 bags before the supply ran out. Most years we have 300 before the first frost. I think that's due to more people burning them! But my local supplier has pellets ordered and I have one ton available when they come in!

I even burn those fancy pellets in my Weber grill to give my steak more flavor. If I don't use them after the summer is over I through in the pellets stove. Makes the house smell like a barby

I've burned pellets exclusively since 1998.

Well, If I don't qualify this year there is always next!

Thanks
jay

jtakeman said:
Well, I searched but never saw that thread.

I have three stoves. A bigE and a Quad model 800(my back up) for pellet. And a Glacier bay wood-coal stove(used for power outages).

I order 5 tons in April and start hauling them home around labor day. My wife looks out for them at walmart and tractor supply all year long. We use the cheap(if you could call them that) pellets for spring and fall.

This year was a tough year I could only get 276 bags before the supply ran out. Most years we have 300 before the first frost. I think that's due to more people burning them! But my local supplier has pellets ordered and I have one ton available when they come in!

I even burn those fancy pellets in my Weber grill to give my steak more flavor. If I don't use them after the summer is over I through in the pellets stove. Makes the house smell like a barby

I've burned pellets exclusively since 1998.

Well, If I don't qualify this year there is always next!

Thanks
jay

Do not tell macman he will ask for your dues right now and charge you a late fee.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
Do not tell macman he will ask for your dues right now and charge you a late fee.

Eric

Pay no attention to that man behind the 2000 tons of pellets....$50 dues please! No late fee....I'll put you on the "early for 2009" list, and our great Pellet pig sponsor, Kinsman Stoves, will subsidize the $300 late fee.

No "the checks in the mail".....cash, or PayPal only :cheese:

macman said:
kinsman stoves said:

Eric

Pay no attention to that man behind the 2000 tons of pellets....$50 dues please! No late fee....I'll put you on the "early for 2009" list, and our great Pellet pig sponsor, Kinsman Stoves, will subsidize the $300 late fee.

No "the checks in the mail".....cash, or PayPal only :cheese:

Maybe we can get Eric to foot the bill for some BEER too! While were at it.

Why not? I think he can afford it, NO?

2000 ton's now that's a pellet hog! Does he share?

jay

Pigs don't share-----but you can sit by the fire if you bring enough beer!

Souzafone said:
...-but you can sit by the fire if you bring enough beer!

Eric will share all the pellets you want as long as you share some $ with him.....

I think I can safely say in Eric's absence that you can sit by his fire all day long, as long you provide the beer.

Looks like I need to buy lot's more BEER!

Hey beer is cheaper than pellets these days. We can all be warm and Happy.

jay

What brand do you drink? Not that cheap stuff I hope!

jtakeman said:
Looks like I need to buy lot's more BEER!

Hey beer is cheaper than pellets these days. We can all be warm and Happy.

jay

What brand do you drink? Not that cheap stuff I hope!

I'm sure Eric will drink any brand that's FREE.....beggars can't be choosers.

Sorry about missing a few posts. I was unloading 22 tons this morning.......

Now the real subject, BEER. I am a proud supporter of Bud light. Have to watch the mid section. No one wants the DickieDo disease. That is where your belly sticks out further than your dicky do.

And yes there is a fridge at both stores but that is after everyone punches out.

Eric

Eric,

I just can't do that low cal beer, I have a figure to not up hold. I have string and will always find the dinky do

Drinking low cal beer is like a batch of not so hot pellets!

jay

How about someone whipping up a batch of "Pellet Pig" brew?

Pellet pig on a diet here I am under 2 tons but have plenty of brew. Looking to purchase a couple of tons of Forest pride they burn nice and hot!

jtakeman said:
Doocrew,

I'm new and you'll have to fill me in about this here "Pellet Pig" brew?

jay

I was merely suggesting that its time to start considering a new blend of brew.

Status
Not open for further replies.