What I have learned so far.............

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadDad320

Feeling the Heat
Jul 13, 2008
NW New Jersey
I have learned a few things so far, here are a few....... you need to adjust the trim or what ever it's called. This helps with clinkers and sooty glass.............Open the bag outside to avoid dust.......... Everyone says to put your stove in the room you spend the most time in. My stove is in the room next to the room we spend the most time in. This works out great for us because we can turn up the stove higher to warm up the surrounding rooms without getting roasted out.............. Buying pellets early and taking possession then, is a good move. There can be red hot coals even after shutting down for 2 hours....... Anyone else got anything?

I learned that if you buy too many tons of pellets (read that to mean more than you think you might need for the whole winter), then you are automatically inducted into the Pellet Pig Club.....but you have to list how many tons you have in your signature for all the world to see. :lol:

I have officially joined the PPC and added that fact to my signature!!!

xpellet freakx said:
you can put lipstick on a pig and its still a pig :snake:

BUT, beauty is just a light switch away.

macman said:
I learned that if you buy too many tons of pellets (read that to mean more than you think you might need for the whole winter), then you are automatically inducted into the Pellet Pig Club.....but you have to list how many tons you have in your signature for all the world to see. :lol:

I bought 4 tons. Does that get me into the club..? oink oink

Piss poor planning on your end is not an emergency on my end.

Burn em if you got em, other than that put a table cloth on that thing if you do not have pellets.

Eric

I've learned that reading the manual to your new stove when your kids are screaming, running around and climbing all over you is not a good idea. For the life of me I could not get the stove burning right. The manual suggests having the damper out 1/2 - 3/4 when burning on low, 1 or 2 settings. But I was re-reading the manual last night and realized I mis-read. It actually says 1/2" - 3/4", as in INCHES. Doh!! Burning much nicer now.

I also learned that I'm again glad we decided to get a stove this year. We got our gas bill yesterday, and granted we haven't seen the gas man since last March, but they came and filled the tank w/ 277 gals to the tune of $865!! HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!! If I hear that furnace run much more than to heat the water this winter I'm gonna yank the thermostats off the wall and hand out more sweaters!
j

I learned that...

That if you have your pellet supply for the season but the next guy
does not....You get called a "Pellet Pig"

Do not hate the players, hate the game.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.