What is the typical cost (per foot) of class a chimney?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey brain, when i was purchasing my stove and ss class a pipe ,I check about every major website that sells class a pipe and best price i found on the pipe was at lowes, they sell the stainless steel pipe it's a supervent brand and it's is good pipe I got a thur the wall kit and 16 feet of pipe for under seven hundred dollars, most other hearth stores ask twice that much.

Agree with ridgerunner30...after lotsa looking - went to Lowes for $24/foot Selkirk Supervent UL HT-103 Class A chimney Single wall stove pipe is $4/ft. The ceiling support kit is ~ $180. Locking bands for class A = ~$5 ea.

varies greatly depending on your flue- I had a small flue so had to (wanted to) go oval rigid - about $1200 for 27'

Supervent is made by Selkirk I think - and now that I know that I will prolly p/u at Lowes as well...maybe even take advantage of the nh stimulous pkg (I live in mass...go to nh so no sales tax).
For my area it is $79 for a 6" ss 36" long piece (not including recommended locking bands).

My current wood stove chimney which I installed myself was all simpson/duratech for class A - about $1200.
Then add a few more hundred for the simpson dvl (black pipe) which is double walled for 6" clearance to combustibles.
Total cost of just pipe/adapters/cable rod ties/stabilizers etc .....$2000 (no labor...just materials) for about 28' total feet from stove to cap

Only thing I dont like about the supervent line is...the straights are only 36" max - no 48" or 60" as in other product lineups - so esthetically its something I think will make the chimney look very busy - especially for 30' tall runs.

This 2nd chimney will be for my new (used) coal chubby stove :)

-John

currently -->
a wood burner using a century wood stove
a pellet stove pvdc-25 (very reliable for me)
future...a coal chubby running in the family room!

If you go with the Supervent at Lowes make sure to open the boxes and check for dents. I needed 3 sections for my chimney and 2 looked like they fell off the truck. I can't seem to get a project done without going to the hardware store at least twice. :shut:

Supervent is $68/3 ft at Menard's.

I got all stainless triple wall Duraplus 6" from Northern Tool for $79 per 3 foot section, delivered. That was far and away the best price I could find on triple wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.