WHAT IS THIS STUFF

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FORCE FAB

Oct 30, 2008
SOUTH JERSEY
I get firewood from a guy i do work for for cheap...Anyway i get a mix of split "seasoned" wood from him and it has wood in it that doesnt burn for $hit...Its white in color,spongy on the outside,no bark and is very light....Try not to bash me(im a newbie)but what is this stuff...Oh and if you split it(or try to)it breaks up

FORCE FAB said:
I get firewood from a guy i do work for for cheap...Anyway i get a mix of split "seasoned" wood from him and it has wood in it that doesnt burn for $hit...Its white in color,spongy on the outside,no bark and is very light....Try not to bash me(im a newbie)but what is this stuff...Oh and if you split it(or try to)it breaks up

Yall have sweetgum up in NJ ? Sounds like year old downed sweet gum.

Yup...sounds like wet punky wood.

His mother-in-law ?

Sounds like what ever you got was junk ! Rotted wood.

Also that cheap work ,now should go up in Price ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.