What is wrong with my Englander 55-SHP10L pellet stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

longam77

Dec 30, 2007
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Help!

I bought a new 55-SHP10L from Lowe's less than two months ago. it's been working great, up until about about two days ago.
The whole unit appears to be working with the exception that the top auger isn't feeding pellets to the lower auger. During the startup SU phase, the motor starts up, and the lower auger is turning but no pellets are coming out. We've removed all the pellets from the hopper, vacuumed it out thoroughly and see nothing causing an obstruction.
I removed cover from back of pellet stove and noticed that the motor turns back and forth on the shaft - instead of the shaft turning the auger.
I also ran the diagnostic test w/out pellets and it all seems to work great, but when pellets are in, it won't feed them to the front.
the little "orange glow" light works and there are no obstruction in there either. Sometimes after attempting to start up, it gives an error E2.

Can someone please help me with this problem? How can I fix this and what can be done to prevent this from happening again?

The stove gets cleaned regularly.

Thanks
Donnie

Sounds like the to auger is bound. This happened to me when I use pellets with too many fines in them if I dont sift them. The best bet would be to take the top auger out and clean the bore out. Be sure the hopper is empty. vacuum it out and re-install the auger and motor. Instructions can be found on this page: http://www.englandsstoveworks.com/PelletServicing.html

sounds like a jam, , take rear cover back off , with unit shut down , push upwards on the left side (from the back) of the top auger motor , it may pop loose or it may "backspool" maiking a "creaky" noise, then push it back down , work it this way until it loosens , then turn the unit on without fueling it and see if the auger starts running on a normal cycle, the front door by the way must be closed for this sequence.

if the auger will not free up , you will need to remove it and clear the obstruction through thge tube , then install the auger assy again and you should be fixed. i saw one poster did already posta link to our "how to' sheet for the augers, downlaod that so that you will have a good idea how to successfully reinstal the auger assy.

Status
Not open for further replies.