What job search & resume sites do you use ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

I am starting to look a little closer to home for a job because of gas prices and honestly I do not know what sites to use for job search and resume services. Currently Monster.com looks like a good site but there are so many it is hard to know what to use. We drive 62 miles a day round trip so it is looking like it is time to find something a bit closer to home.

Thanks all
Pete

I would let your circle of friends, neighbors who you have a good relationship with, and other people in your field that you are looking for a new job. Most jobs are filled this way. Where I work they have to post the jobs, but most of the time they have someone already lined up. Good luck.

I'm with Jack on that one Pete, put the word out to people that know you for sure. A good personal reference can be priceless. A C

Word of mouth for me...It's a small circle of local structural engineering firms, so when it's time to change jobs usually the word gets out around here. If that doesn't work, I would look to see who's looking in the newspaper. I've heard people look on Craigslist, but I have no experience with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.