What pellet to buy?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenpobldr

May 25, 2008
South Eastern Ma.
I just purchased a Quadrafire Mt. Vernon pellet insert and I wanted to purchase 5 tons of pellets this year. The brands that most dealers have arround me are Barefoot, Energex and Juniata. Whats your experience with any of these brands?

Haven't heard anything about Juniata.

Heard and experienced Lots of good things about Barefoot.

And a few not so good things about energex. Such as not burning hot and burning real dirty. But I have not used them myself though.

Buy a few bags of each brand and see which works best for you.

Kenpobldr said:
I just purchased a Quadrafire Mt. Vernon pellet insert and I wanted to purchase 5 tons of pellets this year. The brands that most dealers have arround me are Barefoot, Energex and Juniata. Whats your experience with any of these brands?
I've tried both Barefoot and Energex and liked both, but I only ran a few bags of each so take my endorsement with a pound of salt. I don't recall any ash issues with the Energex, but I do remember they produced some toasty heat.

I've never tried the Juniata...

Dojistar said:
Haven't heard anything about Juniata.

And a few not so good things about energex. Such as not burning hot and burning real dirty. But I have not used them myself though.

This is very true

Status
Not open for further replies.