What pellets have burned well in your Harman XXV?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mlwschultz

May 1, 2008
Southern Maine
We're getting 1 ton of New England pellets when our Harman XXV stove is installed next month (waited to get a Saturday installation date) and need to order 2 more tons (the most we can store at one time is 3 tons). I've seen various prices for different pellets & don't want to order 2 tons of pellets that won't burn as well (or produce more ash, etc.) just to save a few bucks. So what pellets have you burned in your Harman XXV that you've been happy with (or not happy with & I'll want to avoid them)? We're in Southern Maine, heating a 1,250 sq ft ranch.

Thanks for your input!

This is my first year with my Harman XXV and I was very happy with it. I used approximately 4.5 ton of New England pellets. I burnt 2 ton of the tan bag with the green lettering and I loved them. Good heat and very little ash. I also burnt around 2 ton of the tan bag with the red lettering and was not as happy. I found these to create a lot more ash and got my glass very dirty. Had to clean the glass daily and had to clean out the ash log on the burn pot twice a day. When I went to buy my supply for next year, I was told they will no longer be carrying the tan bag with the green lettering (now called Green Supreme) due to the high transportation costs from Canada. Now I have to find another pellet that is comparable to Green Supreme..... Anybody have a reccomendation?

JG_MGA59 said:
This is my first year with my Harman XXV and I was very happy with it. I used approximately 4.5 ton of New England pellets. I burnt 2 ton of the tan bag with the green lettering and I loved them. Good heat and very little ash. I also burnt around 2 ton of the tan bag with the red lettering and was not as happy. I found these to create a lot more ash and got my glass very dirty. Had to clean the glass daily and had to clean out the ash log on the burn pot twice a day. When I went to buy my supply for next year, I was told they will no longer be carrying the tan bag with the green lettering (now called Green Supreme) due to the high transportation costs from Canada. Now I have to find another pellet that is comparable to Green Supreme..... Anybody have a reccomendation?
Green Supreme is Pinnacle pellet that was bagged by New England Wood Pellet in their Palmer MA facility. The Palmer MA facility closed may 9th because of the weak dollar and the transportation cost to get the pellets out of British columbia. I would suggest Cleanfire pellets they burn hot and the ash is super low.
If you come across a brand named "north american pellet company" or NAPCO stay away the pellets are to long and won't feed through most stoves and leave to much ash. I sell Harman and Breckwell stoves and many of my customers are having big trouble with the length of the NAPCO pellets.
For more info on Cleanfire Go to www.pellets2U.com

Status
Not open for further replies.