What stove do I have?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
England Stove Works ...

Edit: stoveguy2esw is the best source as he is the head tech at England Stove Works!

I hope he jumps in and lets me know which model I have. I'm new to having a wood burning stove and I'm trying to learn quite a bit about it. I figured finding out which model I have and reading the manual for it would be a good start. :D

The stove looks like it may have been overfired by the previous owner. Has it been checked out pretty well for any warping inside?

You have the 30-NC in whatever incarnation. Legs, no legs, from Lowes etc. All the same heater.

Reactions: weatherguy
As to over firing. I screwed up and got mine over a 1000F. And apparently like Mike at Englander told me one day "It won't split down the middle BB." It didn't. That was years ago.

I second what brother bart says, you got yourself a work horse, check the door gaskets with a dollar bill, make sure the (2) baffle boards are in one piece and moved as far back in the stove as the stove allows, make sure the secondary reburn tubes are in.

Wow...lots of information to dig through already. Kennyp2339....I don't know what any of what you said means and/or how to do it. Want to help a dummy out. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.