What us a fair price for a used Hearthstone Heritage?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Newburnerwisconsin

Feeling the Heat
Jul 8, 2015
wisconsin
We are thinking of selling our hearthstone heritage stove at the end of the heating season. Te stove is three years old and in great shape. We need something with a bigger firebox and longer burn times. What us a fair price to ask for this stove! Thanks!

We are thinking of selling our hearthstone heritage stove at the end of the heating season. Te stove is three years old and in great shape. We need something with a bigger firebox and longer burn times. What us a fair price to ask for this stove! Thanks!
I sold my 15 year old Mansfield for $900, I'd ask $1500+\-. Does it have any cracks? Even hairline cracks will lower the value.

How many feet are you heating? The firebox size might be appropriate, just not soapstone next time... it was insufficient in my home. Similar sized cast and steel did great though.

Man, these stoves are very expensive when new. Assuming your still looks new with no cracks, scratches, or stains and the paint or enamel looks new I would ask 50% of the current new stove price. I did that with my heritage and due to price increases over the 7 years that I owned it, I actually broke even. Then if nobody buys it you can decide if you want to lower your price.

Spring is a rough time to sell stoves. People are thinking about summer!

Reactions: Woody Stover
Rather than taking a bath on the stove, is there anyway you can put that money into air sealing or insulation? That stove might be sized just right if you cut down the need for heat. I'm half way through foaming my basement walls and it's made a huge difference in my house.

Rather than taking a bath on the stove, is there anyway you can put that money into air sealing or insulation? That stove might be sized just right if you cut down the need for heat. I'm half way through foaming my basement walls and it's made a huge difference in my house.
Thanks for the suggestion. We are most likely going to keep the stove. I have another room I can put it.

Man, these stoves are very expensive when new. Assuming your still looks new with no cracks, scratches, or stains and the paint or enamel looks new I would ask 50% of the current new stove price. I did that with my heritage and due to price increases over the 7 years that I owned it, I actually broke even. Then if nobody buys it you can decide if you want to lower your price.

Spring is a rough time to sell stoves. People are thinking about summer!
Good points. There is a large amish community nearby so perhaps a family there might be interested.