What's for dinner?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in shock at the sight of the size of those eggs in Australia. :oops:

Something is definitely wrong with the French and Italian pictures. 1 bottle of wine in France, none in Italy?

Yeah. Germany seems to have a nice array of potables. USA...pizza, Burger King, and takeout Chinese. ;lol

The Brits feed their dog, and the French feed their cat. I find it interesting to peruse the mix of grains, fruits, and vegetables.

Surprised the americans aren't fatter. Must be because of the teenage boys!

Interesting how many pictures contain bottled water. We never have that in our house - I think I bought a bottle about a year ago at a gas station when we were traveling somewhere.

Also, the lack of milk in the pictures - even with just the two of us living here we go through 1+ gallon per week.

Interesting pictures!

It's interesting to see how different our food is from the American family. We don't buy a lot of pre-made packaged food. Our picture would look more like the family from Turkey or India.

Reactions: Jags
BG - Prepackaged = contains MSG = yech!

My grocery list is all on a toxic waste list in one place or another.

Reactions: fossil
A week of my groceries would fit in 3 pizza boxes and 2 cases of beer.

ETA: Oops, forgot the 1/5th of George Dickel

it's funny how things change. go back two generations and you would be hard pressed to find mac's bk wendys or pizza or the like on the every week list. at least in my family. i'm italian/ american as a kid my mother made everything we ate from scratch. we never went out for pizza we had that as a treat at my grandmothers. home made Sicilian pizza. and we ate what was on the table or we didn't eat. now it's like i'm pulling teeth to put some thing on the table that my kids would eat that is not chicken nuggets or junk pizza.

our "groceries generally come mostly from the produce dept or the butcher, along with rice or beans(usually dry) processed foods are not a staple in my kitchen though we like to have hot dogs every once in a while. havent tasted hamburger helper in a decade

Mexico sure does go through a bunch of Coke.:eek:

I was also amazed at the amount of prepackaged stuff in the pics.

Go lick the salt shaker and you'll get the flashback.

would be even funnier if it weren't for me not having a salt shaker, i use grinders with sea salt, haven't had iodized salt on the table in quite some time

still , i get the sentiment

Status
Not open for further replies.