whats the best option?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

navy306

Jul 24, 2020
OlyPen, WA
So... we are trying to pipe out the wall from a freestanding Lopi and then up the exterior wall. there is a 6" eave + gutter and i cant find a bracket to support the Tee far enough out from vert structure to go straight up avoiding the eave, but cant go through the eave. the closest thing I have found was an extending 14" but I'm not sure as to where that 14" measurement ends to avoid 6" eave + 3ish" gutter + 6" int diameter insulated pipe. what would you suggest? straight up is not an option. (oops) i forgot to mention we already have 2 90's incorporated and am really trying not to exceed 180 so we can't pipe up close to vert structure then around eave :(

Last edited:
So... we are trying to pipe out the wall from a freestanding Lopi and then up the exterior wall. there is a 6" eave + gutter and i cant find a bracket to support the Tee far enough out from vert structure to go straight up avoiding the eave, but cant go through the eave. the closest thing I have found was an extending 14" but I'm not sure as to where that 14" measurement ends to avoid 6" eave + 3ish" gutter + 6" int diameter insulated pipe. what would you suggest? straight up is not an option. (oops) i forgot to mention we already have 2 90's incorporated and am really trying not to exceed 180 so we can't pipe up close to vert structure then around eave :(
Ventis makes support brackets that easily go out far enough for a 6" overhang. Don't forget you don't need clearance from the gutter either

Ventis makes support brackets that easily go out far enough for a 6" overhang. Don't forget you don't need clearance from the gutter either
the ventis bracket was the one i was looking at that said it was adjustable 14" off the vert structure but i couldnt find out whether or not that is 14" including the pipe? or 14" + the 8ish" of pipe. but either way you're saying that should work?

the ventis bracket was the one i was looking at that said it was adjustable 14" off the vert structure but i couldnt find out whether or not that is 14" including the pipe? or 14" + the 8ish" of pipe. but either way you're saying that should work?
It is 14" space between the pipe and wall. Enough for a 12" overhang as long as there is no gutter.

perfect. thank you so much and is there any way to support you guys? new to the forum but im planning on using this a lot.
I think posting about your experiences wood burning with you future setup would be a great way to support the forum.

I think posting about your experiences wood burning with you future setup would be a great way to support the forum.
i can most definitely do that but i work directly with customers to hammer out their issues so i'm more of a middleman. but ill be sure to share ;)

Post your experiences about design, equipment choices and installations, operation, can all be helpful to the next person looking for answers. If you can document with pictures, even better.

What stove is going in?

Post your experiences about design, equipment choices and installations, operation, can all be helpful to the next person looking for answers. If you can document with pictures, even better.

What stove is going in?
okay! With this specific one most likely an endeavor or evergreen, and on a similar setup we're putting in a Rockport