Whats the largest single piece of wood you have STUFFED into your Englander 30?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiram Maxim

Minister of Fire
Nov 25, 2007
SE Michigan
I just plopped a 12" wide x 6" high x 20" long square piece of White Oak in the stove. (5 years seasoned)

As I was doing so I wondered what size logs other had put in their Englander 30 stoves?

This is the largest single piece for me to date.

Its 19° here and I was looking for some long warm heat!!!! :cheese:

I knew there was something wrong with people from Michigan

How about full rounds 10" in diameter x whatever length the stove will take ? Then stuff smaller splits in the four corners where there is some space left....

My backs not that strong. I'll compete in "What's the smallest piece of wood?" I once threw a toothpick in mine. Actually, it was about 3/4 of a toothpick 'cause I chewed it down some first.
(here we go again) :roll:
I should add that because I have a Lopi Liberty, I got six good hours of 650 degree stove top heat on that toothpick!

Probably somewhere in the same neighborhood. I've been burning slab wood lately, and have put some pieces in the beast that I had to put on a diagonal (the width) and were cut to the length of the stove. Biggest pain with this slab wood is getting it situated nicely in the stove...

Also from Michigan and it's going to get even colder tonight! Should hit around 8 to 15 degrees tonight. I don't have the Englander 30, but have the Englander 28-3500 furnace and have put a single 9" round oak piece 23 inches long into it. Lately have been putting 20"-22" long splits in trying to get maximum burns. Winter has sure hit early here, not only temperature wise, but we got snow on NOv. 15 th on the wood piles and it has never left. Still at least 6-8 inches on top of each of my stacks! Glad I burn wood and this site is here for information. How big is the door opening on the Engalnder 30?

Happy Holiday's and keeping the home fires burning!

Dave

bigoak9745 said:
Also from Michigan and it's going to get even colder tonight! Should hit around 8 to 15 degrees tonight. I don't have the Englander 30, but have the Englander 28-3500 furnace and have put a single 9" round oak piece 23 inches long into it. Lately have been putting 20"-22" long splits in trying to get maximum burns. Winter has sure hit early here, not only temperature wise, but we got snow on NOv. 15 th on the wood piles and it has never left. Still at least 6-8 inches on top of each of my stacks! Glad I burn wood and this site is here for information. How big is the door opening on the Engalnder 30?

Happy Holiday's and keeping the home fires burning!

Dave

Dave,

Yes its a great Forum.

Crazy Cold, its like were in the late days of January here in the Great Lakes Area!

Its about 11"x15"

Same to you Happy Holidays

Take Care, Hiram

Hanko said:
I knew there was something wrong with people from Michigan

That's not what the voices in my head tell me. :wow:

i thought about getting a big block of oak and setting it in a hull before they weld it out leaving about an inch or so around the block , but shoot! then they wouldnt be able to weld it out :down:

oh well back to the drawing board ;-P

I think Bart fits 3 30 packs of miller light in his

Natural Light son. Natural Light. It'll hold four but I was drinking the other one at the time.

Attachments

• firebox.jpg
    firebox.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 206
JMF1 said:
BB....thought you were a Genny Light fan?

The only local distributor went out of business. :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.