What's This Doing in the Stacks?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

red oak

Minister of Fire
Sep 7, 2011
northwest Virginia
On Sundays I usually haul in enough wood to last the week. So today I started loading up a stack of what I thought was oak, but as I went further there was a lot of gum, pine, and poplar. There was also some maple, not sure what type. Most of this was cut last October after a very rare October snow 17 months ago. Now the maple I would burn this time of year, but not the other stuff. Well, I figured I'll try it for a week. As long as it's not really cold, this wood should work. If it gets much below 20, I'm going back to my usual oak and locust!

Sometimes happens when I'm enjoying a few cold beverages and stacking......
drunk.gif

Reactions: red oak
Sounds like the blue snarff snaubled you around midnight.:p

These things happen, I found some black birch splits and some maple in my 100% oak rack, the black birch was fine, not sure how the maple got there :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.