when did they change the Jotul 3CB

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

When did Jotul make their last update/ change to their 3CB stove. Is a 5 year old stove the same design as a bran new one? I found a used Jotul 3 CB, looks to be only a couple of years old, however the guy thats selling it doesn't know. On the back there is a ( WHI NO 1565) it didn't say the year it was made. Does anyone have any info on this.

thanks for the help

Mark

We've been selling the Jotul line since before I came on board in 2000, & I was a service tech & an installer until about 2 years ago...
I don't recall any changes to the F3CB in that time frame.
The number you gave in your post does NOT sound like a Jotul serial #...
I'd have the current owner take another look at the rating plate to see what else is listed there...

The steel plate on the back of the stove should provide the year it was manufactured. My Jotul 3 TD tells me it was manufactured in 1988. At 20 years old, this is still a fine stove. Not sure when the 3 CB originally went into production.

ChipTam

gizmos said:
Hi guys,

When did Jotul make their last update/ change to their 3CB stove. Is a 5 year old stove the same design as a bran new one? I found a used Jotul 3 CB, looks to be only a couple of years old, however the guy thats selling it doesn't know. On the back there is a ( WHI NO 1565) it didn't say the year it was made. Does anyone have any info on this.

thanks for the help

Mark

Mark,

The serial number you quoted seems to me to be a Warnock-Hershey Inspection number. They are usually on the EPA rating plate, Check to see if there is another number

Ok, thanks for the information. I will look again for the year on the back of the stove. Can anyone tell me what the 3TD stands for? (TD)? and the 3CB what does the (CB) stand for ?
thanks again
Mark

TD = top draft
Before the TD the draft was regulated through the bottom of the door. That's just cast over as a blank oval shape now. That draft through the bottom of the door didn't work very well, it tended to smoke and the glass was always dirty. The TD draft from the top made an air wash down the glass to keep it clean and provided secondary air. The TD works WAY better than the previous model. I've had a 3TD for 20 years and it's a fine stove. I'm interested in a 3CB now as hearthstove.

Cheers

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.