When you dont notice an unplugged hole in bottom of tank...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coal Reaper

Minister of Fire
Aug 10, 2012
NJ
...tampoon it!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 374
All seriousness aside, how do you guys clean your used tanks? They looked pretty clean when i picked them up. Idk if all the scale and rust bits fell off the sides during transport but by the time i got them off the trailer there was better than an inch of crud in the bottom. Filling halfway with water and flushed did nothing but make everything soggy. Ended up affixing a 1" copper pipe to shop vac and sucking everything out through holes. Worked well but each tank took an hour. First pc is about 5" in bottom of shop vac. Second is the reason why i was wondering how the hose was getting so heavy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 355
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 346
You are going to have to cut 2 openings in the bottom for your retun lines.When you have those cut in you can flush through them.

Two inch hole must not allow enough flow to move everythig. I woildnt want to cut anything bigger if i didnt need to. I was able to stick the vacuum rod in real nice from the end. They are very clean now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 297
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 313
Status
Not open for further replies.