Where are the Kozi owners?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Well for quite a while,here and other forum,was lots of questions,daily,about broke kozi stoves,lol Lots went to junkyard.Do not know if they got any better.

We brought in a couple of them and have sold four. So far they all like them but time will tell. The 100 and 120 seem built fair but I'd throw the cast Previa in the Creek. And Sysco can confirm we have a Creek out back lol.

Yeah there is a creek, but kozi might mess up the steelhead. Lol;lol;lol;lol

It burns good it's just the way it's designed. It looks like a 10 year old designed the door latch. The ashpan doesn't have a back on it and the hopper lid is held up with a 6 cent t20 screw the wiggles around. The door latch isn't safe in my opinion. I can't even explain it.

Reactions: Mt Bob
It burns good it's just the way it's designed. It looks like a 10 year old designed the door latch. The ashpan doesn't have a back on it and the hopper lid is held up with a 6 cent t20 screw the wiggles around. The door latch isn't safe in my opinion. I can't even explain it.
LOL Will take your word on it.I do remember the older kozi's requiring motors every year,poor burn because they clogged up fast requiring lots of constant cleaning,even Canadian folks were throwing them away.

I got into a big argument Friday with their Distributor rep in our showroom regarding this stove. One of the guys at work set it up and burned it before I saw it. I told them it wasn't something we'd sell after I saw the design. Now we got another ornament. I was told what a "beautiful" stove it was. I'm going to find out what company safety tested this thing. I'll video the door latch and post it.

Reactions: Mt Bob
I got into a big argument Friday with their Distributor rep in our showroom regarding this stove. One of the guys at work set it up and burned it before I saw it. I told them it wasn't something we'd sell after I saw the design. Now we got another ornament. I was told what a "beautiful" stove it was. I'm going to find out what company safety tested this thing. I'll video the door latch and post it.
Cool,thanks.Are they still made in canada or imported?The website is vague.But,I do know the older one(the 100?) was semi dependable,with lots of regular cleaning.

Made in Canada. I will say Kozi's Tech is smart. I talked with a few people that have the 100s and they like them so we got some. At 2500 they put off a lot of heat.