where can i buy pellets in south carolina

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

csb41502

Aug 26, 2013
south carolina
i just moved down to newberry sc about a month ago.i bought my pellet stove down from ny and dont know where i can buy pellets down here.do home depot or lowes or tractor supply stock them?im about 45 min from columbia.if anyone knows where i can get them that would be a big help.thanks

Try places that sell feed supply for horses. Pellets are often sold for bedding. Aspen in our area. Burn great but usually on the expensive around here compared to oak blends.

if you can front it, you can always buy a full truck load. some one will deliver from a Virginia mill I'm sure. maybe it's even a biz opp...

im working on a limited budget and theres nobody else i can get in with me cause theres not a single person in this area that uses pellets.lol.half the places i called pretty much laughed at me or wanted to hang up on me

Horse pellet bedding actually burned pretty hot in my stove. I didn't burn enough to get an idea of how ashy they were, but they were hot! Good luck.

Try contacting these 2 mills to see if they have dealers in your area. Not the greatest pellets out there, But maybe they can get you a dealer that also carries other brands?

Carolina Wood Pellets LLC
6382 Georgia Road
Franklin, NC 28734
(828)-524-0625

Or

Equustock, LLC
Estill, SC 815-877-6039
http://www.bigheatfuelpellets.com/

According to the bags that I have, Turman pellets are made in Galax, Virginia, which in the Southwestern part of the state on the border with North Carolina (off of I77). Don't know if that helps but maybe you can contact them and see if they have any dealers nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.