Where can I buy some Micore????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested but I dont think thats enough, I have an Englander that has a r2 floor protection rating and I want to overbuild the hearth for future upgrades and peace of mind ;~

is the stuff light for shipping purposes?

tekguy said:
I am interested but I dont think thats enough, I have an Englander that has a r2 floor protection rating and I want to overbuild the hearth for future upgrades and peace of mind ;~

is the stuff light for shipping purposes?

Hey Mike!
I see you found your way here!
These guys are good!

The stuff I have is a half inch thick with an r value of 1.02, the stuff is light enough to ship. I had eight pieces shipped to me in one box that didn't weigh more than fifty lbs

i am area code 01028 if you can get a quick ship quote or send me dimensions and I will check, thanks

where did you order from? i like the thought of using this stuff -peace of mind

-yeah HotCoals.. i think i got a year on ya, I just usually read and use the search function, most of the time the info you need can be found, before I got rid of the pellet stove I came here for along time looking for pellet reviews~

tekguy said:
i am area code 01028 if you can get a quick ship quote or send me dimensions and I will check, thanks

-yeah HotCoals.. i think i got a year on ya, I just usually read and use the search function, most of the time the info you need can be found, before I got rid of the pellet stove I came here for along time looking for pellet reviews~
Of course you were here before me..lol.
Well Mike I'm out to put that Apex together..the cold and snow is coming!

HotCoals said:
tekguy said:

Of course you were here before me..lol.
Well Mike I'm out to put that Apex together..the cold and snow is coming!

it was actually flurrying here today~

I'm in area code 43449. Not quite sure besides going to the post office and doing the "if it fits it ships" thing. I don't remember the company, but it was a mantel company out of Washington or california

I found an old PDF price list online for Aetna Plywood (distrubitor-wholesaler) for you guys in midwest that lists 4X8 sheets of Micore 300 @$25 -its dated may 2005

Mantel Craft sells 20X72 sheets cut down to 20X24 for shipping at $38 delivered
http://www.mantelcraft.com/fireplace-facing-systems/micore-board-cv230/

Electric Fireplaces Direct sells 20X72 sheets at $37.50

http://www.electricfireplacesdirect.com/Fireplace_Surround_Facing_Chart.html

I found this Craiglist ad:
http://erie.craigslist.org/mat/2723815046.html
"Due to sizing rules, this product can be shipped in 24"x48" ($25) or 32"x48" ($35) sections only and then joined using a non-fortified (non-combustible) mastic or thinset. Several boards of the 24"x48" typically costs about $12 to 20 to ship depending on size and quantity. The cost for packaging and handling is included in the price. Please email me with your zip code for a shipping quo"

I also found this ebay auction:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USG-Brand-Micore-300-Mineral-Fiber-Board-/190346402343

I think it same guy from the craiglist ad, the ebay seller id is (just in case that auction ends when you see this):
http://myworld.ebay.com/wabaehr

Thought I would share

I believe it was mantel craft that sold me mine, sounds like your all set

I have an extra piece for sale. I only used half of the sheet I bought. If anybodys interested, let me know and I will cut a good deal. Im in upstate NY. I think its 4 x 4. I will find out. $25 plus shipping.

I have also been looking into two other products,
Thermafiber K-FAC19
and
Insblock-19

this is what kfac shows:
Thermal Conductivity (1) per ASTM C177
K-factor-BTU – in./hr. – ft2 - °F
400° F 500° F 600° F 700° F 800° F 900° F
0.46 0.51 0.56 0.64 0.71 0.80

if R=(1/K)*T
@400F its R2.17/inch
@900F its R1.25/inch

what temps do they use for a stove? kfac can be found in 1.5 and 3" thickness pretty easy

I couldn't find it so I gave up and used a few of the other options. Still air, and durock. I really would have preferred micore.

i scored the Micore for free at work, part of the business does alot of office interior remodels and installs -asked the warehouse guys if they had any panels that they where getting rid of (which there almost always is) and found 8 panel inserts that where made of micore 300~

nothing beats free

tekguy said:
i scored the Micore for free at work, part of the business does alot of office interior remodels and installs -asked the warehouse guys if they had any panels that they where getting rid of (which there almost always is) and found 8 panel inserts that where made of micore 300~

nothing beats free
Good deal Mike!
See you on HCS.

took some pics when i pulled panels apart.. might help guys trying to find this stuff:

Attachments

• micore.jpg
    micore.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 362
  • micore2.jpg
    micore2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 375
I got mine from Curtis Lumber. I had to go to the suppler to find out who carries it and then work down from there. Their desk had to order it as a special item.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.