Where can I get a 2 to 3 inch increaser?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevie73

Nov 27, 2009
Fleetwood, NY
www.myspace.com
I would like to know if any has a 2 inch to 3 inch increaser and where did you purchase it? I went to home depot and nothing...or if there isnt one how bout a
2 inch flex pipe? I got a Breckwell sonora insert...thanx

is this for the air intake or the exhaust?

come jokers the guy was looking for help
a lot of stoves have 2" air intake. and they do make a flex. both in a aluminum and stainless
if your local dealer dont have it. try a autoparts store

stevie73 said:
Thanks Xena and Hearthtools...and Im a EVE by the way :p
I would say you are.
Love the pic on your profile.

I'm in lust....

can someone give me a quote on an oak for a harman accentra fs?? all harmans are the same I think... otherwise I too will go to autoparts-
maybe a pic of a nifty diy job. The NE stoves come with a sweet oak that has a nice looking steel? grill for the outside... Lowes wouldnt let me have one LOL-

anka

I would love to see anyone's OAK install pics. Im located in NYC and a little north. Thanks!

I went completely low tech and got a piece of 3 to 4 inch reducer that was made for dryer venting (real light weight metal). Cut it lengthwise and removed the rivets, and clamped it inside the 3 inch OAK piping and outside the 2 inch pipe on the stove... Works just fine. Will post a photo once I rediscover my camera.

Lowes has a bunch of reducers/increasers in the duct work/plumbing section.

2-3" increasers/reducers are faily common in aluminum for venting bath fans.......sold one this morning, in fact, as long as its INTAKE

I went to 4 hardware stores in town and never found that size... that's why I made my own, so to speak. ;-P

Auto parts store has them or they order them for you but man what a pain in the butt to find this stuff! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.