Where have all the insert pullers gone?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegit8r

I am new to chimney sweeping and I have learned a lot in a short time. I am in the market for a fireplace insert puller. Why is it that the only source I have found is Copperfield? I have been told by someone with many years of experience that I want an older model. Anybody have one they would like to sell? Where is the lost land of insert pullers?

If you find where they are hiding, let me know. I have been looking for one for a long time.

MountainStoveGuy said:
its a device that assists on pulling a chimney liner down a existing flue

The one I am talking about is a frame setup that lets you slide an insert out of a fireplace without wrecking 1. The hearth 2. The insert 3. Your back.

Every sweep used to have one years ago. I don't know where all the darn things went.

I bought one from Sooty Bob about 3 years ago. We were outfitting a second van. It's identical to the one that my boss has had since the early 80's. I cannot find a thing that's changed maybe the new one is slightly lighter but I've had 500-600 pound inserts on it with no trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.