Where should I take a temp reading from? Using double wall stove pipe.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzz

Oct 15, 2008
Nova Scotia, Canada
I burning with a Drolet Escape 1800 stove using double wall stove pipe. I dont really want to drill a hole in my pipe. I have a thermo scanner temp gun that i use to check temps anywhere i want. If i want to check if my stove is to hot, where should i check? im thinking probably on the stove top. The weather is still quite mild so i havnt had the stove top over 250 celcius on the stove top yet.

Many people just use a stove top reading. For a flue temp reading I suspect you are limited to a stove collar reading, but there are folks here that have tried various things and have come up with various solutions. One of them will work for you.

Those people will be chiming in before long. :)

Welcome to the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.