where to buy somersets in eastern pa ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

motorbykemike

Jan 4, 2013
i'm near quakertown /lehigh valley area

anybody got a line on em ?

where at and how much ?

thnx

They were available at Lowe's. I don't know if they are any more. Were $4.38/bag or $209/ton May have to hunt for them. A member here silvrblkk scored a ton yesterday from Bethlehem store. If you go to Lowe's look up high in the rafters may find a lone pallet or 2. I worked for HD and many times pallets would be stashed in the nose bleed sections and forgotten about. Happy Hunting.

I bought a couple ton for $209 last month at the Lowes on 611. Not sure if they have them still. If they do not have them this week when I go back for more I will have to get what ever they have in stock.

called all the big box stores around and no luck there

have tried lignetics , stove chow and omallys so far and the ligs have it just by the way they burn in the pot and the ash in the pot

thinking of trying some hamers

I bought a couple ton for $209 last month at the Lowes on 611. Not sure if they have them still. If they do not have them this week when I go back for more I will have to get what ever they have in stock.

Hey Frankie I was there yesterday all I saw was Cheat River, I think they just got a delivery they were fork lifting pallets from loading dock area to garden area. Didn't see any Set's.

called all the big box stores around and no luck there

have tried lignetics , stove chow and omallys so far and the ligs have it just by the way they burn in the pot and the ash in the pot

thinking of trying some hamers

Hamer's are great just got to be a bit pricey for me , There is a place on 309 in Q-town called Wood Heat [I think?] Don't know what they carry might be an option for you.

how are the cheat rivers ? and what are you comparing them too ?

mine is a basement install , under the kitchen , which WAS the coldesst room in the house . the heat radiates through the lowish uninsulated floors in kitchen ,lr and bathrooms enough to keep the boiler from firing to meet t-stat , it only runs for domestic now

pellet stoves runs for about 26-30 hrs on 2 bags , then cleaned , repeat

mostly looking for lower ash and better burn qualities

the stove chow "built up" very deep and had a very large portion of the burn pot in a mass of glowing red pellets , i have to open the door and scoop the front part out and dump it in the ash area about every 12 hrs as it would cover up the auger bore

the ligs had a nice small "circle of glowing red" and cleaned themselves out of the burn pot in a much better way , all i had to do was wait for the thing to run dry and do a quick clean/vac , load it up and fire away

stopped at wood heat and for what you get , they were 50 bucks a ton more than other places, forget the 2 brands but nothing that seemed to be a hit on this site so i did not go for it .

I only burned 5 bags of Cheat River. I thought they were a decent pellet comparable to Timber Heat or Presto-Logs [made by same company as Lig's] the other Lowe's brands I tried. My only concern with the Cheat's was several long pellets 2"+ range worried they might bridge in the hopper turned out to be a non issue. Would I try them again sure.

They were available at Lowe's. I don't know if they are any more. Were $4.38/bag or $209/ton May have to hunt for them. A member here silvrblkk scored a ton yesterday from Bethlehem store. If you go to Lowe's look up high in the rafters may find a lone pallet or 2. I worked for HD and many times pallets would be stashed in the nose bleed sections and forgotten about. Happy Hunting.

Yes you must look around among other pellets for them in case they are mixed in with the rest. Yesterday when I went to customer service and told them I wanted the ton of 'Sets in the front of the store, she asked if they were wood pellets and I said yes. She then called the "forklift guy" and asked if they had 'Sets...they guy said no they didn't. I said yes you do, there is one pallet out front (which was way back in the garden section a few days earlier when I saw it). She then asked if they were the same price as the rest...which they are.

Moral of this story.....if the Lowes has a crapload of Cheat Rivers or whatever, make sure you take a good look at ALL the pallets and what Will said....look up on the shelves too.

Reactions: will711
stopped at wood heat and for what you get , they were 50 bucks a ton more than other places, forget the 2 brands but nothing that seemed to be a hit on this site so i did not go for it .

I hear you. This maybe a bit out of your way there is a place called the Cozy Barn in Wind Gap the carry Hamer's ,Turman's , Gap's and something else prices are good super nice folks, help you load , bag price = /ton price. They are my go to place. I experiment with all the different big box brands to have a reference point and it's fun. Hope this helps.

I hear you. This maybe a bit out of your way there is a place called the Cozy Barn in Wind Gap the carry Hamer's ,Turman's , Gap's and something else prices are good super nice folks, help you load , bag price = /ton price. They are my go to place. I experiment with all the different big box brands to have a reference point and it's fun. Hope this helps.

X2!

Thanks for the Lowes update Will.

The other one that Cozy barn has is Keystone. I believe they are made by GAP, not quite sure if they are but have heard that.

The other one that Cozy barn has is Keystone. I believe they are made by GAP, not quite sure if they are but have heard that.

Actually, I burned some of those Keystone's last year...didn't really like them, they were ok. They are made by Allegheny Pellets in Youngsville, PA. I've seen posts where people call GAP's, Keystone's, but the ones Cozy Barn has are Allegheny's.

61301-19cb312ec251bff919291d2c3a2f3da6.jpg

No problem.

Actually, I burned some of those Keystone's last year...didn't really like them, they were ok. They are made by Allegheny Pellets in Youngsville, PA. I've seen posts where people call GAP's, Keystone's, but the ones Cozy Barn has are Allegheny's.

61301-19cb312ec251bff919291d2c3a2f3da6.jpg

Yep those are the ones never tried them Thanks for the heads up.

I just got a pallet yesterday but the store didn't even know what they have in stock, you totally have to look around.

**** In speaking with the Lowes folks they said that they use the same codes for different pellets. So *to them* all 15 tons they have at hand are all North Americans even though some are actually other brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.