where to buy the platform that make you work on roof?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ba_jie

Oct 8, 2008
hi,
Does anyone know where i can buy those platform? i don't know the exact name. But i assume you know what i am talking about.

It's getting cold quick here in NE. I want to get the stove in the fireplace ASAP.

Sorry, it's late and I don't follow, probably because I don't work on roofs. What is the platform for?

Scaffolding can be rented @ most tool rental centres. When factoring the cost/time of doing that, you may be better off farming out that work to a contractor.

yeah, that's my original plan.
But when i called, either they wanted you use their liners, or they are booked up till Mid Dec, or they simply didn't act it's the job they want do. I don't have many options to be honest.

My buddy saw some painters had a wedge-shaped box that just sat on the roof but wouldn't slide.
Some sticky something on the bottom. Not sure if it was adjustable to pitch. They had a ladder on it !
I haven't been able to find it on the 'net. Would be handy for cleaning my chimney.

Thanks. That's the one i think i need to get. Roof jack.
Will it damge the shingles? i guess i will have to seal the holes after i finish the job.

PM Hogwildz. He's been on more roofs then all of us combined.

It depends on how skillful you are, how old the shingles are, and how hot or cold it happens to be when you do the work. Really hard to predict. You might be able to get a roofer or handyman to come and put the jacks up, then come back and take them off when you are done, for not to much, especially if y ou already have the ladders in place. The roof jacks themselves are very cheap.

jie said:
Thanks. That's the one i think i need to get. Roof jack.
Will it damge the shingles? i guess i will have to seal the holes after i finish the job.

jie said:
hi,
Does anyone know where i can buy those platform? i don't know the exact name. But i assume you know what i am talking about.

It's getting cold quick here in NE. I want to get the stove in the fireplace ASAP.
Hey Jie I don't know about the platform but a chicken ladder will do the job.It's a ladder with a hook at it's end which hooks over the roof's peak and allows one to walk up and down the roof.You should be able to find one at a ladder supply company.

Status
Not open for further replies.