Where to find combustor for Fireview 205

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Redsled

Sep 11, 2021
Central Oklahoma
I bought my Fireview 205 brand new in 2006. I still have the original combustor in the cast iron frame. Although it still works, it is beginning to fall apart. For the past several years I have looked into buying a new combustor from Woodstock but there have never been any in stock. I am finding very few options for this stove. I have found Firecat ACI-56 for $220 which appears to be ceramic. And I have found Condar CC-603 for $169 which also appears to be ceramic. Can anyone with a FV 205 offer advice regarding what combustors are available for this stove and where to get it? Thanks!

2006. I still have the original combustor in the cast iron frame...Although it still works,
That's a long time for a cat to last! Maybe you're a fairly light user of the stove..
I'm running a ACI ceramic right now, but I'd like to try a new steelie, since Woodstock makes them in-house now. I'd like to see if there's any difference from the other steelies I've run (probably not.) I've got a stainless cat scoop with the screen in the stove, not the cast iron one, even though I have a ceramic cat in it; Either scoop works fine.
I usually run a cat three or four years; When they lose their ability to light off fairly quickly, and hang in pretty long through the burn, I write 'em off and spring for a new one. I've never called in a warranty because I have gotten the expected hours of operation out of them.