where to or a place to

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart

Mar 10, 2006
Bethany Ct
install the fresh air pipe to my pellet stove ?? i tried to find my ash pot at the bottom of the fire place BUT the person who did a addtion buried it ,,so my outher spot will to be knock out one brick on the fire place? and go out to the side of the house or any idea's?????

If your fire place was built correctly you will need to remove a lot more than one brick However I see no problem with that approach
There could be up to 10" of soild masonary and brick involved before you reach the outside. If you can rent a core drill and bit larger than the intake diameter that would be the best way to go

elk is right a masonry chimney is a mystery, if built right you will need a drill or core drill, there may even be steel in it also

Status
Not open for further replies.