Whitfield Advantage II-T & Auger Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Two Flints

Oct 31, 2008
Northern Maine
Hello,

Just finished cleaning my always dependable Whitfield Advantage II-T Pellet Stove and started it up, but discovered the auger wasn't moving. Took the auger assembly apart and cleaned it, put it back together and started it up, and the auger began moving. All was good.

Replacing the back cover, and re-connected the Whitfield to the exhaust pipe, turned on the power, AUGER DID NOT TURN. Removed the Whitfield from the exhaust pipe, re-assembled the auger parts, the auger started moving again, but when re-attached to the exhaust pipe, it stopped working. This has happened several times now and I can't figure it out.

Do I just need a new auger motor, any ideas?

Two Flints

Exhaust pipe off, it works, exhaust pipe on, it doesn't. Sounds like your venting needs a good cleaning.

I am so dumb . . . looked out my window and the exhaust cap was never removed. As soon as I took it off and connected the Whitfield to the exhaust pipe (with the cap off on the outside) all was OK.

20 lashes for myself . . .

Two Flints

Yup, that would prevent a proper vacuum in the stove, all right. Lesson learned. Thanks for getting back to us! Kudos for honesty!