Whitfield Advantage II-T HELP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

astett1125

Feb 26, 2021
Maryland
Hello All,

I am hoping someone may be able to give me a little advice on my issue. I have a Whitfield Advantage II-T free standing pellet stove. I had just replaced the auger motor last week as well as the brass bushing/plate because the auger stopped working. This seemed to fix the issue. It ran a few more times and when i went to start it this morning- the auger light remains lit and the push to start button is not doing anything. There is power getting to the stove, because the auger light is red but wouldn't turn on the fans etc. I unplugged the stove in general and waited a few minutes to see if it would essentially reset the stove, but no luck. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated as I couldn't find anything online/on the manual.

Hello All,

I am hoping someone may be able to give me a little advice on my issue. I have a Whitfield Advantage II-T free standing pellet stove. I had just replaced the auger motor last week as well as the brass bushing/plate because the auger stopped working. This seemed to fix the issue. It ran a few more times and when i went to start it this morning- the auger light remains lit and the push to start button is not doing anything. There is power getting to the stove, because the auger light is red but wouldn't turn on the fans etc. I unplugged the stove in general and waited a few minutes to see if it would essentially reset the stove, but no luck. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated as I couldn't find anything online/on the manual.
Check the wiring between all the connections regarding the auger. The auger motor, depending on how it's situated can take itself for a ride back there and jostle a lot of connections.

Did you install the auger flange in the right position
If not the auger will rotate and pull the wires off

Reactions: ARC